In need of a distortion pedal

I have no idea what I need or want. Anyone have any insight on this? Anyone listen to enough of my stuff and know enough about distortion pedals to do a quickie set-up of me with a distortion pedal? Let me know!* I don’t have a ton of time to try out a ton of them. I wish I could just have a bunch of them in my home to try at my leisure, sort of a pedal buffet where after I try some of the food, I regurgitate the stuff I didn’t like and get my money back. Something like that.

*Perhaps what I’m looking for really is an overdrive pedal? Again, I have no idea.


#1 johna on 05.31.09 at 8:21 am

You want a fuzz pedal really based on your music. So, the classic is the fuzz face or the Big Muff Pi. I prefer the Big Muff, based on online video. If you want to spend a bit more, the Swollen Pickle is popular, and I like the London Fuzz.

Your smorgasboard wish has come true: go to and they have video demos of EVERY pedal they sell.

If Overdrive is your thing, get a used Tubulator for like 20 bucks. They rock over and over.

BTW, like your tunes. I play hockey with Dan B and he turned me on to your site.

#2 Sunil on 06.02.09 at 7:03 pm

hey john! thanks a lot for the suggestions. yeah, i guess a fuzz is what i’m after as far as distortion. i’ll have to check out and make some time to watch some videos.

thanks for listening, by the way. i saw thay you have a site too, which i’ll check out.

Leave a Comment